Third Sector Leadership Programme
Our Third Sector Leadership Programme 2023 is open for applications!
What is the Third Sector Leaders programme ?
Following on from the success of our pilot leadership programme in 2022, we are excited to launch our 2023 Third Sector Leaders programme.
This programme has been designed by our colleagues at Social Enterprise Academy and will equip you with skills to apply your learning to situations and realities faced by leaders in the third sector. The programme will help you to develop as a reflective practitioner using a growth mindset approach.
Peer to Peer learning is one of the most trusted sources of leadership development and participants will learn from each other and reflect on their current and future leadership style.
We are looking for Third Sector leaders who are keen to commit to the programme, to contribute to the peer learning as well as an openness to learning new tools and methods.
We welcome applications from leaders who work or volunteer for a charity, or soon to be registered charity operating in the geographical area of Perth & Kinross.
• Identify and critically reflect on own leadership capability and performance
• Evaluate and apply key leadership skills and theories to develop and motivate others to achieve organisational goals
• Explore and justify strategies for enhancing leadership culture and approaches within an organisation
• Produce an action plan for developing self, others, and organisational practice
The Gannochy Trust have generously funded your place on the leadership programme. On completion you will gain the accredited award in Leadership (SCQF Level 9, 10 Credits).
This 6-day programme is accredited with Glasgow Caledonian University at SCQF Level 9 (10 credits). Accreditation is achieved by the completion of two reflective reports, challenging learners to reflect on their learning and plan how they are, and will, use their learning in their work roles. Assessment for the qualification requires learners to complete a Reflective Journal and a Leadership Development Plan.
Who is this for?
Who is this for?
This programme is for you if:
- you have a leadership role and want to develop self in order to serve others, your organisation and the wider community
- you are a newer or aspiring leader who would like to increase your confidence to step up as a leader in your third sector organisation
- you have leadership experience and would like to progress on your leadership journey
- you have leadership experience that you are ready to reflect on and share with others
- you have an ability to take learning from the programme, based on some evidence of an open mindset or willingness to try new tools, and methods
- you have agency to deploy the learning in order to make a significant difference to your organisation and/or community
- you have a commitment to leadership in the enterprising third sector in Perth & Kinross
Who is this not for?
This programme is NOT for you if:
- you are leading a community group who doesn’t intend on achieving charity registration.
- you cannot commit to the three modules
- you are not someone who has a willingness to be open with your challenges
- you don’t want to work alongside others in a peer setting
Who are Social Enterprise Academy?
Social Enterprise Academy are an award winning community best learning provider and have been supporting third sector organisations in Scotland since 2004. The programme will be led by facilitators who are experienced leaders and whom have world class facilitation skills. They will create a safe space for learning with a focus on experiential peer learning. You can find out more about Social Enterprise Academy here Social Enterprise Academy Scotland
How long does it the programme take?
This programme is delivered face to face and comprises of three modules (2 days each) spread over 4 months starting in October 2023 and finishing in February 2024. You’ll also get a free individual coaching session to help you plan your own development as a reflective practitioner and support from TSI Perth and Kinross throughout the programme.
Module One: 4th and 5th October 2023
Module Two: 6th and 7th December 2023
Module Three: 28th and 29th February 2024
Who else has gone through this programme?
We think it’s a great programme, but don’t just take our word for it!
Have a look at a case study to find out more SEA Q&A with…Rona MacKay from Community Energy Scotland | Learner Stories | Blog | Social Enterprise Academy
What will be my investment in the programme?
This programme has generously been funded by The Gannochy Trust. The only cost to you will be for your travel to and from the venue.
We ask that you invest your time into the programme, which will require that you write a reflective Journal and a Leadership Development Plan which forms part of the assessment.
How do I apply
We want to make sure this is a great fit for you and the programme, in order to do this we will require you to complete this Application Form by 18th September 2023. If you feel there are any barriers to you participating in the programme, please call us for a chat to discuss as we would like the programme be inclusive.
Once submitted your application will be reviewed
In inviting applications we will be looking for:
• A starting point understanding of leadership learning relevant and appropriate to the specific programme
• An ability to contribute to the reflective learning in the programme, based on variety and extent of previous leadership experiences
• An ability to take learning from the programme, based on some evidence of an open mindset or willingness to try new tools, and methods
• The positional agency to deploy the learning in order to make a significant difference to your organisation and/or community
• A commitment to leadership in the enterprising third sector in Perth & Kinross
Applications will be scored by the Academy and TSI. Scoring is to inform a discussion on candidates rather than to determine the outcome of their application
- Application deadline is Monday 18th September 2023
- We will review applications by Thursday 21st September 2023
- We may call you for further information once we have reviewed your application.
- You will receive email confirmation if you have been successful in securing a place Thursday 21st September
- You will need to confirm acceptance of your place by Friday 22nd September
How much will this cost?
All you will pay is the cost of any travel to the venue
How will the modules be delivered?
In person at The Gateway, North Methven Street, Perth PH1 5PP
How many sessions will I need to attend?
You will be asked to attend all 6 days of the programme
If you would like to find out more please contact
Gisele Hall – TSI Development Officer – Email: email@example.com
Elsa Vibert – Senior Programme Officer – Email: Elsa@socialenterprise.academy